Система «Электронный университет – MOODLE» является основой реализации электронного обучения (ЭО) в Томском государственном университете по основным образовательным программам и одним из ключевых компонентов электронной информационно-образовательной среды вуза. Электронное обучение – часть концепции университетской экосистемы, в которую включены все учебные подразделения университета. Тем самым при реализации ЭО обеспечиваются условия для коммуникации, обмена опытом и ресурсной поддержки всех участников образовательного процесса.
«Электронный университет – MOODLE» это:
Availability as a condition of learning under education programs in any place and at any time, and prompt receipt of all the related information
Individualization and differentiation enabling flexibility of the educational and methodological content, depending on students’ needs
Principle of excessive educational environment, implying a wide choice of various electronic educational resources for students and great opportunities for their development for the academic staff
About the system
E-learning is implemented in all training units of the university
- While delivering academic disciplines, TSU teachers accumulated significant experience of use of various advanced educational technologies — hybrid learning technologies, a flipped classroom, etc. They have great opportunities for application of electronic educational courses in their teaching activities.
- The teaching methodology actively improves: problem-oriented education, gamification elements, social media, web 2.0 services, remote laboratory complexes, joint creation of learning content (teacher + student), peer-to-peer assessment mechanisms, and many others.
- All electronic courses that received a positive expert opinion at the division are entered in the electronic catalog of TSU Scientific Library as electronic editions.
E-learning monitoring and analysis of digital footprints of system users
E-learning monitoring methods and methods of analysis of digital footprints of users of the Electronic University—MOODLE system, developed by the Institute of Distance Education, enable identification of quantitative and qualitative parameters of e-learning evolution. This data is required by various educational process participants at the higher education establishment; moreover, they can vary and be updated, depending on the needs. Specifically, based on the results of academic semesters, the following indicators are analyzed:
- Academic staff’s activity in e-learning
- Students’ activity in e-learning
- EECs submitted for expert review
- Questionnaire survey of students as to e-learning quality assessment at the end of the semester
- Disciplines active in e-learning (each two weeks)
- Number of courses and users at the divisions
- Users’ activity in courses
- Course contents and structure
- Comparison of teachers and students activity in the course by month.
- Check point monitoring (as a cross-section of the current performance)
- Report on current performance for students
- Course search by metadata
Analysis of data resulting from monitoring enables assessment of efficiency of e-learning implementation, work of certain e-learning subjects and training units in general, and can assist in making managerial decisions, and optimization of teaching and learning processes in the electronic information and education system.Monitoring system descriptionProcedure for ranking active teachers of e-learning at TSU