E-learning at TSU
- Forms the information culture of students and teachers
- Increases efficiency of educational process
- Expands possibilities of students in learning programs and their access to educational resources
- Provides participation of the university in the world educational process
Since 2014 IDE is a TSU department responsible for MOOC projects.
Electronic informational and educational environment of TSU:
- Learning Management System «Electronic university– MOODLE» and Web 2.0 technologies and services that are integrated into it;
- Electronic educational resources designer and an e –Library;
- Automated monitoring system of additional educational programs;
- Online testing system «Accent»;
- Webinar organizing system, satellite IP-broadcasting and videoconferencing;
- System for analyzing the content of students’ work;
- School portal «University avenue»;
- TSU Internet-lyceum;
- TSU Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
For creating electronic educational resources the following instruments are used:
- Electronic educational resources designer developed by IDE TSU;
- Cloud services;
- Special software for creating interactive apps.
Human resources e-learning
- Seminars on e-learning provided by Institute of Distance Education for the university administration and employees;
- Professional development programs “E-learning in University”, “Moodle system of distance learning in educational process”, etc.;
- Оn- and off-line consultative support in e-learning;
- Improving methods of developing electronic educational content and learning technologies;
- TSU employees retraining programs at TSU and other Russian and international higher education institutions with the participation of leading scientists and teachers.
E-learning and distance education performance measures at TSU
- 22 out of 24 TSU faculties and institutes are included in TSU e-learning system;
- In 2005-2013 over 600 employees from 132 Russian higher education institutions graduated from TSU professional development programs;
- In 2013-2014 over 540 TSU teachers completed a professional development program “Moodle system of distance learning in the educational process”;
- In TSU there are over 700 learning courses in LMS “Electronic University – MOODLE”;
- In TSU there were created over 2,500 electronic educational resources;
- In 2015 13 TSU MOOCs have been launched on 3 online education platforms and over 30,000 learners have already enrolled in them.